Becoming a Patient
To become a patient at the Edwards Comprehensive Cancer Center, your physician may refer you by calling for adult patients: 304-399-6502 or 304-399-6504 or fax: 304-399-6502. For pediatric patients: 304-399-6503 or fax: 304-399-6674.
What happens next?
The patient liaison office is open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Online and telephone referrals are processed by our patient liaison. E-mail referral forms received before 2 p.m. will receive a telephone or e-mail response by 5 p.m. the same business day. Messages received after 2 p.m. will be answered by noon the next business day.
What information is needed?
Please have the following information ready when you complete the online form or speak to the patient liaison:
- Name of the patient
- Patient's telephone number
- Name of the referring physician, including office address, telephone and fax number
- Date of diagnosis
- How the diagnosis was made (physical exam, biopsy, other)
- What treatment, if any, has taken place
- Over what time period the treatment has occurred
- Patient's insurance information
- Pre-certification and/or a referral from a primary care physician if required by your insurance company
Medical and financial eligibility must be established prior to confirming your appointment. Your physicians must submit copies of your medical history and pathology reports. Patient liaisons will work with you and your physician to expedite your first appointment. Thank you for choosing the Edwards Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Page last updated: Jan 30, 2013