Diagnostic Breast Center
For more information, please call 304-399-6556.
Patients with breast cancer or suspected breast cancer, and patients who are at high risk to develop breast cancer, are offered comprehensive care and treatment in a compassionate and timely manner. Our experienced and caring staff has a thorough understanding of breast disease based on years of experience and comprehensive, current training. The staff includes three full-time oncology nurse navigators and a surgical assistant who are dedicated to the breast cancer program and their patients. Highly trained 3D mammography, ultrasound and stereotactic biopsy technicians assist the physicians in obtaining diagnostic results.
The Diagnostic Breast Center has earned accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers, a consortium of national, professional organizations dedicated to the improvement of the quality of care and monitoring of outcomes of patients with diseases of the breast. The center has also been named a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology, which means
- The facility has voluntarily gone through a rigorous review process to be sure it meets nationally accepted standards.
- The personnel are well qualified, through education and certification, to perform and interpret your medical images and administer your radiation therapy treatments.
- The equipment is appropriate for the test or treatment you will receive.
- The facility meets or exceeds quality assurance and safety guidelines.
All mammogram exams are performed using 3D mammography. Stereotactic and digital ultrasound biopsies are also performed in the center. Additional services include a mentoring program for cancer patients, physician-performed evaluations for genetic testing and education for the patient and family using one-to-one instruction and a library of books and videos.
Jack Traylor, M.D.
|Medical school:||West Virginia University (Morgantown, WV)|
|Residency:||Akron City Hospital (Akron, OH)|
Mary Legenza, M.D.
|Board Certification:||American Board of Surgery (Surgery)|
|Medical school:||Medical College of Ohio at Toledo (Toledo, OH)|
|Residency:||The Mt. Sinai Medical Center (Cleveland, OH)|
- Page last updated: Yesterday